Please feel free to contact the study coordinator (Emily Mohr) or Dr. David Vago at OCIM with any questions/concerns
The CNIM Lab at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is recruiting subjects to volunteer for a study investigating changes in brain structure and function as a result of integrative health practices designed to treat symptoms of anxiety and depression.
You may qualify if you:
· are between 18-55 years old
· You have symptoms of anxiety and/or depression
· You are able and willing to complete an in-person 8-week group course
The study will involve:
· Attending an 8-week course (1 class/week, up to 45 minutes/day of homework throughout 8 weeks) designed to treat anxiety and depression at no cost to you.
· three laboratory visits (one before the course, one after the course, and one 6-month follow-up), where you will complete self-report questionnaires and computer tasks with electroencephalography (EEG) and/or functional MRI. These are non-invasive methods for looking at brain activity.
· If you choose to participate in EEG testing, you will be asked to complete 5 computer tasks while wearing an EEG cap. Each task takes 25 – 30 minutes.
· If you choose to participate in fMRI testing, you will be asked to complete a computer task while in the scanner. Each session lasts for approximately 1 hour.
You will be compensated:
· Participants can earn up to $129 for completing EEG testing with questionnaires pre- and post-course completion
· Participants can earn an additional $144 for completing fMRI brain scanning pre- and post-course completion
· If you complete EEG, fMRI, and all questionnaires, you can earn up to $239
If you are interested in this study, please complete the pre-study screening survey to find out if you qualify by clicking on the link below.
The pre-study screening survey should take approximately 10 minutes of your time. Your participation in this screening survey and research study is voluntary, and you may choose not to participate without it affecting your healthcare/services or other rights. You are also free to withdraw at any time.
As part of the Mapping the Meditative Mind (M3) Initiative, the CNIM Lab is currently recruiting subjects to volunteer for a study investigating novel methods for understanding Integrative Mind and Body practices like meditation and yoga. The study requires 1 hr of your time during one visit to the Vanderbilt University Imaging Institute (VUIIS) where you will be asked to complete tasks in the MRI environment where we may present sensory stimuli like emotional words, pictures, or video in an MRI scanning environment. By completing our pre-screen survey at the link below, our research staff can determine if you qualify. If you are selected based on screening criteria and requirements you can be compensated for participation in this study. If you are interested in completing our pre-study screening survey to find out if you qualify, please follow the link below. The pre-study screening survey should take approximately 10 minutes of your time. Your participation in this screening survey and research study is voluntary, and you may choose not to participate without it affecting your healthcare/services or other rights. You are also free to withdraw at any time.